Friday, August 6, 2010

Routines Update

Little update on how my new journey with a routine for Noah is going:

He is now sleeping 5 or 6 hours in the beginning of the night and really just waking up once to eat, this is wonderful!

All I can say is there is a profound difference between the way Kara was when she was a baby as far as sleep, and the way that Noah is. I feel much more at ease because I know what is going to happen next, and I don't need to be stressed about everything being chaotic as it can sometimes be with a newborn.

I am very grateful that I am doing this and it is working so well! This is a great thing to do when you have a new baby but it is also possible in the later months, it might just take a while to get established. I recommend finding a good book that some experienced moms have tried, I know there are many!

Just thought I would let you know that it is still working for anyone who might want to know or might want to try it themselves. I am a much better rested mommy and I am so thankful that people told me this works and now I can share it with others!

3 comments:

  1. What an answer to prayer that Noah is sleeping well, Rachel. God is teaching a ton about parenting. I am proud of you, dear daughter.
    Keep passin' on your wisdom.

    Number One fan,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. routine is amazing for baby and mama!!! and what a blessing your baby is able to follow it. i guess some babies, who have colic or struggle with like gas problems or something else have a hard time with it, PRAISE THE LORD! thanks for your words, i look foward to them all the time!
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that this is working for you.
    As I said in my previous comment.... routines and schedules are my life line. Another benefit is it makes it nice for your family to keep track of everything as well. Keep on enjoying the ride!

    ReplyDelete