Sunday, July 11, 2010

So here we go.....

So as I am new to this whole blogging thing, its a little strange to be writing down random thoughts and ideas for who knows who to read. My brother in law Lucas says i have a lot to say so i should say it here! Although this is true, i sometimes think most of what i say would be best unsaid, but i think with wisdom sometimes we can be helpful to others with our thoughts and life lessons...and i definitely am learning many of those lately!

Although I have far to go before being a "seasoned" mom and wife, i do feel like as i make this journey, the Lord has been and will continue to teach me many neat and sometimes difficult lessons.

And so this blog will be about things i am learning, practical and spiritual, and maybe at my brother in laws request a movie review every now and then :) I think that by talking about where we are at in our spiritual and personal lives and on a regular basis, and being open and honest with our doubts and fears, we can be accountable to others and from that be more sanctified in our walks with God.

What can be more sanctifying than marriage and child rearing? I have not found two things more challenging to my life as a christian woman, nor two things more beautiful! I am abundantly blessed with having Kara and Noah in my life, both so sweet and both at such different places, but both a challenge to remain a godly woman who they can look to for advice and guidance. If i am to be Kara's primary role model as what a christian woman looks like as both a wife and a mother, than i must be prepared for what that means in my daily life. She will always be watching and mimicking what i do, and i pray that who she becomes will be glorifying to Christ! I also hope that Noah will see me as an example of what true biblical womanhood should be and that one day he will say, "i want to marry someone like my mommy," what precious words those would be! I also hope and pray that I can be a kind, encouraging, submissive, respectful and adoring wife to my precious husband that God has graciously given to me and that our lives can be more and more weaved together as the years go by.

I have much to learn...and so my domestic ramblings begin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment